Waste textiles arise during yarn and fabric manufacture, garment-making
processes and from the retail industry. These are termed post-industrial waste.
Valley recycling specialises in synthetic fibre recovery by stripping yarn
and filament from cones, bobbins, and cops. Our suppliers cross the textile
industry from carpet to automotive manufacturers.
Using engineered yarn-stripping machines we separate the yarns from the
packages and bale the material for recycling use within the textile or plastics
Whilst nylon 6 /6.6,and polypropylene yarns are our main value streams. we
also recycle nylon warp residues, polyester yarns, cotton yarns, wool yarns,
plastic film, plastics, and cropped nylon dust.
Fibre recovery and recycling provide both environmental and economic
- Reduces the need for landfill space. Textiles present particular
problems in landfill as synthetic (man-made fibres) products will not
decompose, while woollen garments do decompose and produce methane, which
contributes to global warming.
- Reduces pressure on virgin resources.
- Aids the balance of payments as we import fewer materials for our needs.
- Results in less pollution and energy savings, as fibres do not have to
be transported from abroad.
Shredding Service Available
Shredding service now available at our Bolton Shredding Plant Unit. The
valley group have now opened up our professional shredding service to the trade. Our machine can shred film and fibre material. The end product is processed
through a fully automatic baler.
- Bale size approx 1200mm Long x 750mm Wide x 750mm High
- Weight dependant on product
- Material delivered and picked up by client